Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wake Up!

This life should not be an auto-pilot experience, daily routines of this and that, habitual thinking that lacks awareness, thoughts without even the slightest thought of "where did that thought come from?". The first step to change is awareness. I don't recall the actual day or moment or even inspiration that triggered my desire to start being more aware of my self and my thoughts. I have often in my life been accused of being overly analytical, but that was just a label put on me by some others need to judge, yes I am curious and yes I like to think beyond the surface of the obvious. My awareness of how I was on auto-pilot when it came to labeling, judging everything around me... "that's good, that's bad, that's pretty, that's not, etc. etc." came to me around two years ago and that was when I started paying attention to not only myself but noticing as a whole how we as a human race live as habitual labelers. How would life change if labels were not used, and especially how would my life change? I practice daily turning off the auto-pilot, being fully present and aware of my thoughts and the behaviors that they generate... this is showing to be a great way to live my life. "Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change." Dr. Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment